The first of its kind, guest blogs from small businesses that I’ve had the honour of photographing! Introducing Jess, the beautiful gal behind Jes Lea Creative from Wagga Wagga, NSW. It was SO fun having her in the studio a few weeks ago for her first branding session. We covered a bunch of different looks during our morning together
1. What has inspired you to start your business?
I’ve always had a little side hustle throughout uni and college – making logos and wedding invitations for friends and family was where it all started. It wasn’t until our lockdown in April 2020 when my full-time hospitality job closed down that I thought, maybe I should actually begin to take this little side hustle seriously! What inspired me to keep going once everything opened back up was the fact that I could make a difference in a small business owner’s experience with opening or running their biz. To give them all the tools and education to really use brand strategy and identity to their full potential. That’s the icing on the cake for me.
2. What’s a challenge you’ve had to face recently, how did you overcome it?
Learning to say no! Sounds strange – but I’m such a yes girl, and around April and May – I really took on way too much work. When you work for someone else as well as run your own business this is possibly a recipe for disaster haha. So, now the organisation is key. I only take on what I can handle at the time and I am learning to say no when I need to, and outsourcing things to make my workload and life just that little bit easier.
3. Name a few things you love most about what you do?
1. Educating and helping small business owners on the importance and power of a good Brand Strategy and Identity 2. Working in a regional city and giving my clients a real, approachable and authentic experience through my services (nothing corporate about me here! haha)3. Creating beautiful event stationery for someone’s special day4. Meeting amazing designers and creatives through social media and working with clients both in Australia and Internationally!
4. If you had to give yourself advice at the start, what would you say?
Know your worth and do not compare your progress to someone else’s.
5. Any wise words for business owners who are on the fence about branding photos for their own biz?
Honestly, if you’re thinking about getting branding photos done for your business – JUST GO FOR IT. It is honestly the best investment I’ve made so far for my business. Make sure you know what you want/need and plan your shoot around your brand! It has made my website look 100% more professional and I now have a whole bank of images to use for whatever and whenever I need. I honestly wish I had done it sooner! And, it’s a heck load of fun too!
Here’s where you can find Jes Lea Creative online!
Exclusive news, offers and education!
JOIN THE FAMILY
@2021 roslyn clare photography & education, all rights reserved
TAKE ME TO THE TOP
Weekly photography tips, business hacks & more!
Join the VIP list
FIND YOUR WAY Around
Get a behind the lens look at my life, latest work and all things small business!
follow on instagram